Monday, March 5, 2012

Eggs Bene-Chick Mug

Per Serving (entire recipe): 4 Points+
153 calories, 1.75g fat, 831mg sodium, 15.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 20g protein

The recipe: "300 under 300", page 26
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499


While I avoided the Hungry Girl egg mugs for quite some time (microwaving eggs seemed gross to me), I am now finding they are actually pretty good.  I love eggs benedict, so I gave this recipe a try.  This turned out nice and tasty. 

I was worried that the english muffin would turn out soggy or chewy, but, surprisingly, it didn't.  By lightly toasting it before nuking it, the muffin stays a nice texture.  There was the perfect amount of english muffin, egg, ham and sauce in this recipe.  So good!  I loved the hollandaise sauce as well.  It was nice and tangy, and made me feel as though I was truly eating Eggs Benedict.  A good substitute for a breakfast favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment