Thursday, February 23, 2012

Scoopable Creamsicle Crush Pie

PER SERVING (1/8th of dessert, about 2/3 cup): 3 Points+
112 calories, 0.5g fat, 284mg sodium, 25g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 15.5g sugars, 3g protein
 
The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 236 - 237
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1323


As usual, I was in the mood for dessert the other night, so I picked out this recipe to make.  I liked it because it didn't require any baking, and was easy enough so that my three-year old could help me make it.  His favorite part was crushing up the Nilla wafers.

I love the flavor of orange creamsicle, so I was excited to try this dessert.  The only drawback was having to wait an hour for it to set.  Yes, I am impatient when it comes to my dessert!  This turned out really good.  Everyone in the family liked it, and it was even better the next day.  I think the best bet is to let this sit for several hours before serving it so the flavors get a chance to set.

What I liked most about this is that it is only 112 calories per serving.  What a calorie bargain for a delicious dessert!  It was creamy, tangy, and sweet.  I definitely recommend giving this a try if you like the flavor of orange creamsicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment