Monday, September 12, 2011

HG's Freezy Downside-Up PB Dream Pie

Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): 4 Points+
159 calories, 6.5g fat, 235mg sodium, 18g carbs, 1g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 7g protein

The recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2078


One of my favorite desserts is peanut butter pie.  My husband's grandmother knew I loved it so much that she used to make me my own personal peanut butter pie to take home every Christmas, while everyone else got to share the other one she would make.  She now knows I am watching my calories, and did not give me a whole pie last year, thankfully.  This recipe appeared in a recent Hungry girl email, and I knew right away that I was going to make it. 

Perhaps most shocking was that according to the email, a standard piece of peanut butter pie is usually 542 calories with 34g fat.  What?!  And I'm pretty sure I would eat more than just a slice of grandma's peanut butter pie at a time.  No wonder I always gained weight during the holidays! 


The HG version was just about as good as a traditional peanut butter pie, but with WAY less calories.  Although it was definitely smaller (regular peanut butter pies are much thicker than this pie was), this pie still did a good job of satisfying my cravings for peanut butter pie.  It was very peanut buttery and creamy, and did not taste low-fat at all.  I am just going to have to be careful to stick with a single slice at a time!  If you are going to make this, make sure you have someone around that will help you consume some of the pie. 

1 comment:

  1. Peanut butter is one of my favorite things ever. It is one of those red light foods I still struggle with but keep trying. I've never had peanut butter pie though and this sounds great.

    ReplyDelete