Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In-N-Outrageous Animal-Style Salad

Per Serving (entire recipe): 6 Points+
270 calories, 4.25g fat, 1,032mg sodium, 39.5g carbs, 11.75g fiber, 17.5g sugars, 21g protein 


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 128
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1555


If you are not from the West Coast, then you may not have heard of the fast food chain In-N-Out before.  Let me tell you, they make the best burgers, fries, and shakes.  Yum!  Unfortunately, In-N-Out isn't really diet-friendly, so as a general rule of thumb I avoid it completely.  This salad has the flavors of an In-N-Out burger, but with much less calories, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

While this didn't do much to satisfy my cravings for In-N-Out, it was still a good salad.  It was nice and large, and had plenty of flavor in it with not many calories.  And with an entire Boca burger patty on it, this salad was also pretty filling.  I liked that it had grilled onions on it as well, and the combination of cooked onions and burger patty with the cold salad reminded me of a restaurant-style salad.  I had fun layering all of the ingredients, but even more fun eating them!  The best part was that it was large and took quite some time to eat it.  I felt as though I had eaten a huge dinner afterward just from all the chewing!  I would recommend this salad if you are looking for something flavorful and different from your ordinary salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment