Monday, April 18, 2011

Bowling For Pizza

Per serving (entire bowl): 7 points+ - 284 calories, 7g fat, 1,025mg sodium, 28.5g carbs, 9.25g fiber, 11g sugars, 30.5g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 36

After a very stressful week, I am getting back on track with my points, cooking, and everything.  My grandfather passed away last Thursday afternoon after hanging on for four days, so now things are starting to get back to normal again.  I ate very poorly last week, and even had several meals of fast food since I had no time to cook with everything that was going on.  I was shocked to discover that I had actually lost four pounds!  My husband pointed out that even though I was eating unhealthy, I wasn't eating much.  So, my lack of appetite is probably what saved me.  Thankfully, I am not an emotional eater.  The opposite happens to me when I am stressed or upset.  My stomach feels like it is in knots, and the last thing on my mind is food.  Now I am pretty much back to my regular self, and I will have to make sure I eat well this week or else I may actually gain weight - especially with such a large weight loss this past week.


Well, on to the recipe review.  I have been craving pizza recently, which is unusual for me since I don't like pizza all that much.  It has to have a lot of sauce on it and a really greasy crust for me to like it, so I generally stay away from pizza.  But, I saw this recipe and decided to give it a shot. 

This "pizza" is more like a very chunky spaghetti sauce.  It has no crust and is just a bunch of potential pizza toppings combined in a bowl together (and yes, that is a bowl in the picture.  It is hard to tell from the angle!).  That is not to say I didn't like it.  It tasted fine, but was definitely not the most exciting meal.  I made a bowl for my husband and son, and neither were very impressed.  They ended up having something else for dinner, and I was left with two more pizza bowls to eat as leftovers for lunch at work.  

I did like the fact that the portion size was large.  It filled up the bowl nicely, and I was pretty full after eating it.  There were tons of veggies, and even had an entire Boca burger patty and several turkey peperoni slices in it as well.  I just didn't feel as though I was eating pizza.  I almost made some spaghetti noodles to put the contents on top of, but the points would have been way too high.  I probably will not be making this meal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment