Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teriyaki Shrimp 'n Slaw Stir-Fry

Per Serving (1/3 of recipe, about 1 1/3 cups): 5 points+ - 210 calories, 2g fat, 884mg sodium, 21g carbs, 4.25g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 26.5g protein.

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 268



This recipe was pretty tasty, but I probably won't be making it again.  It tasted like a pretty good teriyaki stir-fry, but with more effort than I think is necessary.  It would be much easier, and not many more points (maybe 1 more points+) to just use a bottled teriyaki sauce that has low calories and fat.  This recipe called for making your own sauce and adding it to the stir-fried broccoli slaw and shrimp. 

It was nice in theory to have fresh teriyaki sauce, but the flavoring was not much better than a bottled sauce.  My husband, who is not a fan of stir-fries in general, did not like it much and ended up making something else for dinner.  I thought it was fine, but I will just make my shrimp stir-fry with a bunch of veggies and a bottled sauce next time.  I feel as though I could get a larger serving size than what was in this recipe for about the same points that way.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!. I’m extremely inspired together with your writing abilities as smartly as with the layout for your blog. Anyway, my sister saw this blog and she wants me to cook this for here. Because of your article I learned a new delicious Recipes For Stir Fry. Thank you!.

    ReplyDelete