Monday, April 11, 2011

Upside-Down Personal Key Lime Pie

Per Serving (1 "pie"): 2 points+ - 82 calories, 1g fat, 103mg sodium, 15g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 1g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 230
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1052


More than any other food, dessert is definitely my weakness.  I have a very big sweet tooth, and feel completely deprived if I don't have at least something sweet after dinner.  I am always looking for a yummy dessert that satisfies my craving for something sweet, but doesn't have a ton of calories.  Usually I opt for single-serving ice cream bars, like Healthy Choice Fudge Bars, Skinny Cow Truffle Bars, or Weight Watchers Bars.  I find that if I get single-serving items, I'm not tempted to sit there and eat a huge bowl of ice cream.  Even if I buy the slow-churned half gallon of ice cream, I find myself having more than just one serving and going over my points for the day.  Chocolate is an especially big weakness of mine, and I am always on the hunt for a satisfying, low point chocolate dessert.

I decided to try this dessert because it is only 2 points+, and because I love key lime pie.  I sat down to eat it with my 2-year-old son to see if it received his stamp of approval.  It did!



While it tasted more like a lime jello concoction than key lime pie, it was still good nonetheless.  It was sweet, fluffy, with crunchy graham crackers on top.  Since it was already mixed with Cool Whip, I didn't feel the need to add additional whipped topping or whipped cream on top.  My son "ate it all gone", as he said, and I did, too!  I would make this again if I was in the mood for jello, but not if I was craving key lime pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment