Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Slush-Puppy Pineapple Lemonade

Per serving (entire recipe): 2 points+ - 87 calories, 0g fat, 10mg sodium, 22.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 18g sugars, 0.5g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 194


I decided to make this since I had leftover crushed pineapple from the Teriyaki Shrimp 'n Slaw Stir-Fry.  I had enough for three drinks - one for each of us.  These are super easy to make, and only took a minute or two to throw together.  Just put 1 cup ice, 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, 1 packet Splenda, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in the blender and blend.  I made the first one for my 2-year-old to see if he liked it.  He told me it was yummy and that he liked it.  Great!  I made one for my husband and one for myself, and used up just about all of the pineapple.  No waste, yeah!

The best part of these drinks were that they were only 2 points+ each.  The serving size was nice - not too much, not too little.  They were nice and refreshing, and I will definitely be making these as a cool summer treat. 

The only complaint I have is that the pineapple overpowered the lemon flavor.  For something called pineapple-lemonade, there wasn't much of a lemonade taste to it.  Next time, I will probably add a little extra lemon, since all it called for was a tablespoon of lemon juice.  Otherwise, it was a perfect after-dinner treat, especially for the points.

No comments:

Post a Comment