Saturday, April 9, 2011

Slow Cookin' BBQ Chicken

Per 1/2 cup serving: 3 points+ - 149 calories, 1g fat, 462mg sodium, 10g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 22.5g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3" cookbook, page 174
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1284

Today I made Hungry Girl's Slow-Cookin' BBQ Chicken from the Hungry Girl 1-2-3 book. Since I was home all day, I figured I should make one of the crock pot recipes - something I don't have the luxury of doing when I'm at work.  This recipe was pretty easy.  I just threw the ingredients in the crock pot to make the BBQ sauce, added and covered the chicken, and 3 1/2 hours later I had BBQ chicken.  It did take some time to shred the chicken once it was done, but luckily the timing was perfect and both kids were napping when it was time to shred.



The chicken turned out VERY good.  The sauce was a perfect combination of tangy and sweet, and the chicken was nice and tender.  I decided to eat mine on an Orowheat (or Arnold's) sandwich thin.  Both my husband and I loved it - definitely a recipe I would make again.  And, happily, it made 7 half-cup servings. At only 3 points+ per serving, I ended up having two servings of the chicken with plenty of points left over for dessert (the picture shows one serving on a sandwich thin).  I didn't eat two buns, though, since those are also 3 points each.  This one's a winner!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment