Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pizza-fied Chicken

Per Serving (entire recipe): 6 Points+
282 calories, 5.75g fat, 868mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 44g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 30 - 31
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/you-wanna-pizza-me-pizza-fied-chicken-recipe


An interesting concept - chicken topped like a pizza.  I figured it would just taste like chicken with sauce and veggies, but it actually did remind me of pizza.  Before I even told my husband what it was, he said, "It tastes like the chicken is topped with pizza.  Cool!".  

I really liked how the chicken was seasoned in this recipe.  Just a little garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper - simple, but very delicious.  The same seasonings were added to the crushed tomatoes for the sauce, so they went well together. 

I also liked how the veggies really bulked up the chicken and made it into a nice, filling meal.  And for only six points+ this meal was a calorie bargain.  Pair it with a salad and you will definitely be nice and full.  If you like pizza and you like chicken, you will definitely like this recipe.

 

1 comment: