Monday, July 18, 2011

Strawberry Short Stack

Per Serving (entire recipe, 2 pancakes with filling): 8 Points+
289 calories, 1.75g fat, 471mg sodium, 60.5g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 14g protein

The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 74 - 75


Since strawberries are in season, I've been looking for Hungry Girl recipes with strawberries in them.  I found this one for breakfast, and made it over the weekend.  Very good!  There is something satisfying about making a recipe for pancakes that has exactly enough pancake batter for two pancakes.  No temptation to go back for seconds, and you get a delicious breakfast all for yourself. 

These pancakes had strawberry preserves in the batter itself, as well as fresh strawberries in between the two pancakes.  The strawberries between the pancakes were mixed with Cool Whip - mmm!  I thought the pancakes could have had a little more of a strawberry flavor to them, but with the fresh strawberries, that made up for it.  They were nice and large, though, making for a pretty satisfying breakfast.  I added the optional Reddi-wip along with a drizzle of sugar-free syrup to mine.  Very good, and I was thankful that I didn't have a whole batch of pancakes to tempt me to eat more.

On the same weblink for the strawberry recipe is a recipe for smores pancakes.  Guess I know what I'll be making for breakfast next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment