Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mom-Style Creamy Chicken 'n Veggies

Per Serving (entire recipe): 7 Points+
307 calories, 4g fat, 881mg sodium, 26g carbs, 5.25g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 40g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 146 - 147


I've been eyeballing this recipe for a while, but was hesitant to make it after the disaster I had with the Hungry Chick Shepherd's Pie.  Mainly because the veggies used are frozen, and I still have nightmares about the frozen veggies used in that gross shepherd's pie (rereading the post, I was way nicer about the recipe than I should have been!).  Finally, I made this recipe, and I was glad I did.  It was so creamy and delicious!

Because the chicken and veggies were baked in a foil pack, it made the veggies come out soft and tender - even the cauliflower.  Often when I use frozen veggies they turn out kind of gross and you can tell they were previously frozen, but these didn't taste frozen at all.

Everything was very creamy, and definitely reminded me of comfort food.  And the serving size was HUGE!  Believe it or not, there is a nice-size chicken cutlet underneath all of those veggies in the photo.  I was very happy with the meal, and was glad I had made four of these foil-packs.  My husband and I both had the extra servings for lunch the next day.  For the points, this was a very filling and delicious meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment