Friday, July 29, 2011

Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo

Per Serving (entire recipe): 2 Points+
81 calories, 3g fat, 242mg sodium, 9g carbs, 4g fiber, <1g sugars, 4g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl Recipes and Survival Strategies...", page 257
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1398


This recipe is the first recipe I ever tried long ago with the Tofu Shirataki Noodles, and was also the first recipe where I decided that I disliked those noodles with a passion (sorry for any of you fans out there).  I really like fettuccine alfredo, though, so I thought I'd try the recipe with regular noodles.  I figured it is still WAY better than if I were to order this dish at a restaurant, right?

I thought this was actually pretty good, and was still a good points value even with using regular noodles.  I used the Smart Taste noodles that have extra fiber, which saved me 2 points for a serving.  The recipe calls for a whole bag of the shirataki noodles, which is 6 - 8 points plus of regular noodles, or 3 dry ounces, or 1 1/2 cups cooked.  I then added some shrimp seasoned with a little bit of garlic salt and italian seasoning for an extra 2 points. 


In all, for the recipe made with 3 ounces of high fiber noodles and a serving of shrimp, my meal came out to be 9 points plus.  Not too bad for the serving size, but it was so good that I found myself wanting more afterward.  I made a 2 point salad instead and called it a day. 

The recipe itself was nice and creamy, and pretty tasty.  I can see why this is a super-popular recipe for Hungry Girl, especially if you like the shirataki noodles.  I mean, where can you get creamy, tasty fettuccine alfredo for only 2 points?  And if you use the shirataki noodles, you get to eat a whole bag of them and the recipe is still only 81 calories!!! Or 99 calories if you use a whole wedge of laughing cow cheese like she recommends.  My husband liked the recipe as well, and even took a serving with him for lunch the next day (I had made four servings on purpose so we would both have lunches the next day).  If I am ever in the mood for creamy pasta, I would definitely make this again.  I will never go back to fattening alfredo sauce again!

No comments:

Post a Comment