Monday, August 1, 2011

Egga-Pinwheels

Per Serving (1/8th of recipe, 1 pinwheel): 4 Points+
134 calories, 5g fat, 555mg sodium, 13.5g carbs, <1g fiber, 3g sugars, 8.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 122 - 123
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1386


My Mom was visiting this weekend, so I wanted to make something fun and interesting for breakfast while she was here.  I've been wanting to make this recipe, and since I had some of the Pillsbury Seamless dough in the fridge, this sounded like the perfect breakfast to make. 


These turned out to be pretty tasty.  Almost like a ham, egg and cheese biscuit sandwich, but rolled up in a croissant dough instead.  Yum!  The main problem with these is that they are four points for only one!  Yikes!  And you definitely want to eat more than one - not just because they are good, but also because one is not enough to make you feel satisfied.  We ate two each with some fresh strawberries and blackberries for a delicious breakfast. 

My two-year-old also loved these, so I would recommend making these if you want to make something fun for breakfast for your family.  I would not necessarily recommend these as a filling, low-point breakfast, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment