Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bacon Ranch Broccoli Slaw

Per Serving (¼th of recipe, about 1 cup): 2 Points+
96 calories, 2.5g fat, 635mg sodium, 11.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 6.5g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 267


This was yet another dish I made for one of the many visitors we had over the past week.  I was looking for something that would be a good side dish that wasn't a standard salad.  I'm not usually a fan of coleslaw, but this recipe is much different from the usual slaw you would find in the store.  This one is made with sour cream instead of mayo, and has ranch seasoning and bacon in it.  Yum!  It is super easy to make, as well.  A definite plus!  Just mix the ingredients, chill, and there you go!

The ranch seasoning and sour cream used gives this slaw a taste reminiscent of ranch dip with veggies.  One of my favorite snacks.  So good!  The addition of bacon also works well with this slaw.  After sitting in the fridge for the alloted time, the bacon and ranch flavors are brought out nicely. 

The other plus about this recipe is the serving size.  A whole cup of slaw is a huge serving!  I only ate a half cup with my meal, and it was plenty of food - for only 48 calories!  If you have this cookbook, definitely check out this recipe.  You will be glad you did.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good. I do wish I could eat broccoli without getting a really bad tummy ache. :(

    ReplyDelete