Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mug 'O Pumpkin Creme

Per Serving (entire recipe): 2 Points+
79 calories, 1.5g fat, 127mg sodium, 10g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 6g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies...", page 274


I really need to get smaller mugs.  It seems that every time I make a recipe that is meant to be cooked in or drank out of a mug, the portion looks so tiny in my mugs.  They are not huge mugs or anything.  I think the problem is that the standard serving size for a Hungry Girl hot beverage must be 6 oz, while my mugs are meant to hold 8 oz.  So, even though my picture makes it look like there is hardly anything there, this was a pretty good serving size for a hot drink.

Although the recipe in the cookbook calls for light vanilla soymilk, I made mine with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze.  I prefer the taste, and it has less calories as well.  If you use UVAB, the calories will be only 50 for the recipe, and only 1 point plus - much better (the email recipe reflects these calorie stats)!

I made this drink as a dessert last night, so I used one whole packet of Splenda in my drink.  The recipe says to sweeten to taste, so if you want a drink on the sweeter side, use a whole packet.  If not, you can always sprinkle a little bit until it gets to be the amount of sweetness that you want. 

I enjoyed this drink very much.  It was a nice change from hot chocolate, and still satisfied my desire for a sweet, hot beverage.  I liked the idea of a pumpkin-flavored hot drink.  It reminded me of all the pumpkin-flavored coffee drinks that come out this time of year, but without the coffee.  Since it only uses 2 tablespoons of pumpkin, I probably won't be making this very often, though.  I wouldn't want to open up a whole can of pumpkin just for the 2 tablespoons needed for this drink.  But, it is nice to know this recipe is there in case I have leftover pumpkin to use up.

No comments:

Post a Comment