Monday, November 14, 2011

World's Easiest Chicken Empanadas

Per Serving (1/6th of recipe, 1 empanada): 4 Points+
157 calories, 6.5g fat, 465mg sodium, 16.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 3g sugars, 9.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 444 - 445


I mainly made this recipe the other day because I had some Pillsbury Seamless Dough that needed to be used up - and the recipe sounded fairly good and easy.  My mom had just been up to visit the other weekend as well, and had brought with her some really good salsa.  I thought it would be really tasty in this recipe.  Mmmm!  Salsa!

These turned out pretty good, and I ended up eating two of them.  My husband ate three - guess he liked them, too!  I did think that the chicken in the empanadas could have used more salsa, though.  I ended up just dipping the empanadas in additional salsa as I ate them.  Yum!  I love salsa, especially since it doesn't really add any calories to the dish. 

These empanadas were good, but not anything mind-blowing.  I would consider making them again just because of how simple they were and how few ingredients they required (three! - just salsa, chicken, and dough).  They were nice to snack on, but next time I would eat them with a salad to make it more of a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment