Friday, November 18, 2011

Hungry Spice Girl Pumpkin Latte

Per Serving (about 12 ounces with whipped topping): 2 Points+
97 calories, 3.5g fat, 68 mg sodium, 12g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 3.5g protein


The recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2145


Mmmm!  Another yummy seasonal beverage!  In addition to the variety of eggnog options out there this time of year, I am also a big fan of pumpkin flavored foods.  One of my favorite seasonal items is the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks.  I never order it with whipped cream, which I know saves a bunch of calories, but it is still higher in calories than my usual Skinny Vanilla (or Caramel) Latte.  I was so happy when this email just came out the other day with a recipe swap for one of my favorite lattes.

A big plus to this latte is not just the fact that it is only 97 calories, but also the size.  Finally, a Hungry Girl hot beverage that is larger than a measly 6 ounces!  One of my previous complaints has been that every time I make a Hungry Girl hot beverage or other mug recipe, it comes out to be such a small portion size that my standard 10 ounce mugs dwarf it.  This time, I actually had to use a larger mug since it almost overfilled my usual mugs.

The overall taste of the latte was pretty good.  It was not overly sweet, and had a nice pumpkin pie flavor to it.  I could still taste the coffee, which was a good thing, being a latte and all.  Sometimes my Starbucks lattes seem to barely have a hint of coffee with all the milk and flavors that are added.  I skipped the whipped cream on my latte, only because I didn't have any in the fridge.  It was still pretty good without it, though.

I would say I still prefer my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, but as a substitution, this recipe will definitely do.  And for under 100 calories, you really can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment