Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Freezy-Fresa Strawberry Margarita

Per Serving (entire recipe, 1 margarita): 5 Points+
125 calories, 0g fat, 24mg sodium, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 0g protein

The recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1250


Since I was so happy with the way the Hungry Girl Magical Low-Calorie Margarita I made the other day turned out, I decided to try the strawberry version this past weekend.  I was definitely happy I did.  Yum!  This turned out just as good as, if not better than the regular low-calorie margarita.  And for only 10 calories more!  Amazing!

The recipe calls for either Crystal Light Strawberry-Kiwi, or Crystal Light Energy Wild Strawberry.  Since I don't like the flavor of Strawberry-Kiwi, I used the Energy Wild Strawberry kind.  I'm sure either flavor would work, though. With the Wild Strawberry, the drink has an unmistakeable strawberry flavor that is very good. 

I am still in awe of the fact that I can have a delicious strawberry margarita for only 125 calories.  According to HG herself, a strawberry margarita normally has 350 calories in it.  That's a savings of 175 calories per drink!  Nice!  So, whether or not you like a more traditional margarita, or are a fan of strawberry ones, you should definitely try one of these recipes.  And if you don't want any alcohol, it will only cost you 28 calories and 0 Points Plus.  Even better!!!

2 comments: