Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Toffee Crush Coffee Shake

Per Serving (entire shake): 6 Points+
244 calories, 5.5g fat, 163mg sodium, 41.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 18g sugars, 5.5g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 209
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1305


Sorry - this is my third drink recipe in a row, and I usually don't do many Hungry Girl beverage reviews.  I am overdue for going grocery shopping, so I had to make something that I had the ingredients for already.  I have been planning on making this shake for quite some time now, but I had to wait for an evening to where I could afford the calories.  At 244 calories and 6 Points Plus, this may be a good calorie bargain compared to a regular shake, but is still fairly high for a dessert in my opinion.  I usually like to "spend" around 100 - 150 calories on dessert in any given day.  Today, I went running, so I had a few extra calories available to me.  A perfect opportunity to make this yummy shake.

This shake turned out really good.  The fact that it has ice cream and a toffee chocolate bar (I used a Heath Bar) in it definitely doesn't hurt.  I shared some of my shake with my 3-year-old and my 1-year-old, and got a good response from both of them.  The 1-year-old even whined when I wouldn't give him more than just a taste!  I definitely felt as though I were drinking a yummy, fattening milk shake that I shouldn't be drinking.  I loved the bits of the toffee that came up the straw as you drink it.  So good!  It did have some little tiny ice bits from the blended ice cubes, but that was the only hint that the shake may be lower in calories.  This is a fun and delicious dessert that I recommend trying if you can spare the calories or points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment