Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin-licious Nog

Per Serving (1 cup): 3 Points+
110 calories, 2g fat, 344mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 6g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 208
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1402


Eggnog season is upon us!  I love eggnog!  My dear husband came home the other day from the store with a "low-calorie" eggnog that was 90 calories - for half a cup.  Not so low calorie after all!  I found this recipe, and immediately went on a mission to get the ingredients for it. 

I do have to say that I think it is a genius move to use instant pudding mix as a thickener.  The eggnog came out rich and creamy and thick, just like a traditional eggnog.  It even tasted like a traditional eggnog.  So yummy!!!  My husband even said it was good, and he was comparing it to his full-fat version that I won't touch (over 300 calories for a cup - jeez!).  I am so happy to have found a delicious tasting eggnog that is only 110 calories for a cup. 

It is also very easy to make.  Just throw the ingredients in the blender, blend them together, and chill in the fridge.  You can't get much easier than that!  If you like eggnog, then I would definitely recommend you make this recipe.  You will thank me for it!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this...must buy new blender first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I can't do soy. Do you think I could replace it with vanilla coconut milk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure vanilla coconut would probably work just as well. Or even Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. That is actually my preference, but since this recipe called for 5 cups, it was just easier to buy a large container of light soymilk. Let me know how it turns out with the coconut milk if you make it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh the nog.
    so far Ive not found a love for the nog :)


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eggnog and never buy it because of the high calories. This sounds like a great substitute! Yum.

    ReplyDelete