Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cheesy Burger Skillet

Per Serving (1/2 of recipe, about 1 3/4 cups): 6 Points+
267 calories, 6.25g fat, 854mg sodium, 29.5g carbs, 9.5g fiber, 11g sugars, 21g protein

The recipe: "300 under 300", page 328

Although it doesn't look like much, this recipe has become a new favorite in my household.  I actually made it for the first time last week, and already my husband has asked me to make it again.  This was the second time making this in a week. 

For myself, I loved the fact that this recipe is easy to make, and takes hardly any time at all.  It is a very large portion, and tastes great over a large pile of lettuce - no extra dressing needed.  It is flavorful, cheesy, and delicious!  And although it has both chopped tomatoes and crushed tomatoes, it does not come out tasting like a chunky Italian spaghetti sauce.  My husband loved the grilled taste of the onions and Boca burgers, and also liked the portion size as well.  He ate his over lettuce with some ranch on it, and said this was one of his favorite recipes I have made in a long time.  Yay!

So, stock up on your meatless patties and make this recipe if you want a delicious salad, or a yummy hot sandwich.  Next time I might go with the suggestion in the cookbook and use it as a filler for a sandwich thin - Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment