Thursday, October 20, 2011

ChocoMint Martini

Per Serving (1/2 of recipe, 1 martini): 5 Points+
145 calories, 0g fat, 90mg sodium, 7g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 1g protein

The recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/show/2121


With all of the stress that has been going on the past couple of days, I decided to treat myself to a drink and a soak in the jacuzzi.  I rarely drink - especially in the middle of the week!  But, since I took another day off of work to take care of the baby as he recovers from his surgery, I figured I deserved a little relaxation after the kids went to bed.  I found this recipe for a chocolate mint martini, and at 145 calories, I figured it was okay to splurge just a little.

This drink was a little strong for my taste.  I could definitely taste the vodka in it, and had to take very small sips. The flavor was pretty good, though.  It was very chocolatey, with a hint of mint.  It is supposed to taste like a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie, apparently, but I'm not so sure if it succeeded in doing that.  It just tasted like a minty chocolate drink to me. 

After just a few sips, I could feel the effects of the alcohol, so I had to slow down just a little (I know, what a wimp!).  I ended up not being able to finish even one drink.  The problem is I haven't had a drink of hard alcohol in over a year, what with being pregnant and then nursing and all.  Usually, at most I have one beer on the occasional Friday night and that's about it.  The idea of a drink sounded great, but in the end, I realize I have so little of a tolerance for alcohol that I should probably just skip it next time. Or maybe I should try a blended drink that is a little milder. :)

1 comment: