Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Te Quiero Tequila Shrimp

Per Serving (½ of recipe, about 1½ cups): 4 Points+
206 calories, 2.25g fat, 470mg sodium, 9.5g carbs, 1.75g fiber, 4g sugars, 24g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 64
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1307


I really love shrimp, and usually make it at least once a week.  It is a very low calorie, low fat, and high protein food, and I love the way it tastes, too!  I have made this dish a couple of times pre-blog, so I thought it was time to make it once more.  I doubled the recipe so I would have enough food for the family, so the photo above is actually 4 servings, not 2.  Even still, the serving size is nice and large, especially for only 4 Points+ and 206 calories. 


One of my favorite restaurant meals is a tequila-lime chicken and pasta dish I used to get at California Pizza Kitchen.  This recipe reminds me of that dish, but with MUCH less calories.  I love the tanginess of the lime, and the hint of tequila in the shrimp.  It has just the right amount of cilantro, and the perfect amount of tomato and onion so as not to overpower the other flavors.  So good!  This is definitely one of my favorite shrimp recipes that Hungry Girl has. 

I ate my portion over a serving of brown rice for an extra 150 calories.  With the recipe being so low in calories, it was still a great calorie bargain even with the rice.  If you add a salad as well, you definitely have a very filling meal.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment