Friday, October 7, 2011

Rockin' Red Velvet Pancakes

Per Serving (entire recipe, 2 pancakes with glaze): 7 Points+
273 calories, 3g fat, 717mg sodium, 46g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 17.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 60 - 61


As those of you who read my blog know, I have a huge sweet tooth and love dessert.  I also love chocolate.  If I can sneak in a dessert for "breakfast", then I am usually in.  These pancakes made for a chocolatey, sweet breakfast, so I was sold right away.  They were so chocolatey and yummy, I definitely felt like I was indulging by eating them.  They were also a nice size, and when I was pouring the batter, I was surprised at how large the pancakes were.

The best part was the frosting, though.  Even though mine came out a little lumpy, it still tasted awesome!  The flavor reminded me of the type of cream cheese frosting you might find on top of a piece of carrot cake.  So good!   I seriously think I could make just the frosting and eat that by itself.

My two-year-old saw me eating these pancakes, and ended up eating almost a whole one to himself, even though he had already eaten breakfast.  The thief!  Next time I will double the recipe and make extra for him.  In other words, these pancakes were a hit and I would definitely make them again.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment