Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sweet 'n Sassy Boneless Hot Wings

Per Serving (entire recipe - 4 oz of chicken): 6 Points+
267 calories, 1.5g fat, 775mg sodium, 30g carbs, 2g fiber, 15g sugars, 31g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 126 - 127


For this recipe, I actually quadrupled it, so what you see above is four servings.  I figured for all the work I put into making these, I wasn't about to make just one serving.  Not that they are difficult to make or anything, but when I get into the mode of coating stuff with egg and then flour, I like to do a larger batch.  I cut mine a little larger than the nugget-size she recommends - mine were each about an ounce instead of just half an ounce.  So, instead of 8 small nuggets, I had 4 larger ones for a serving.

These turned out great!  A nice amount of spiciness, but not so much to where they were unbearable.  I have discovered that I love the flavor of sweet chili sauce, and am looking forward to making a stirfry that features the sauce.  It gives it a really nice, slightly sweet flavor, but still provides a good amount of spiciness as well.

I made these with a salad for dinner, but they are definitely more of an appetizer.  My husband loved these, as well, and took the leftovers to work for lunch the next day.  When he does that, I know the recipe was a success!  These are definitely worth making, but just make sure you stop eating them at one serving.  They aren't exactly calorie friendly if you eat too much!

2 comments: