Monday, October 31, 2011

Magical Low-Calorie Margarita

Per Serving (entire recipe, 1 margarita): 4 Points+
115 calories, 0g fat, 55mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, <0.5g sugars, 0g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl: Recipes & Survival Strategies...", page 244


Although I don't drink alcohol very often, I was in the mood for a margarita this past weekend.  I found this recipe of a super-low calorie margarita on the Hungry Girl website and was excited to try it.  I can't believe this drink was only 115 calories!  All of the calories are pretty much from the shot of tequila, since the Sprite Zero, Crystal Light, and lime juice hardly have any calories at all.  I love margaritas, so I was really hoping this would be a good substitute for a drink that is normally hundreds of calories.

My husband was curious as well, and stood hovering over me while I was making the drink so he could try a sip.  The verdict from both of us?  Delicious!  I was actually pretty impressed with how this tasted.  I did not feel as though I were drinking a diet drink at all, and I was happy with the balance of the lemon flavor and the lime juice.  This is probably as close to an authentic margarita flavor that you can get without it being the real thing. 

I will definitely be making this drink again.  It was quick, easy, and really good.  I would even consider making a large batch of this for a party.  I don't think people would mind or even notice that it was a low-calorie margarita, since it tastes so good!

2 comments: