Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bring on the Breakfast Pizza

Per Serving (1 pizza): 3 Points+
127 calories, <0.5g fat, 762mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 22g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl - Recipes and Survival Strategies...", pages 18 - 19


Hard to believe that this breakfast "pizza" is only three points+!  Wow!  This recipe was a nice change from an ordinary egg breakfast.  It was a good size for a breakfast, and with it being only three points, you can feel free to add fruit and/or yogurt for a very filling breakfast.

I did change the type of cheese slightly.  I recently found a fat-free shredded cheddar/mozarella mix, so I have been using that type of shredded cheese in everything.  It reminds me of my favorite Mexican-blend of shredded cheese, so I was so happy when I found a fat-free version of it.  I stocked up immediately! 

For the sauce, since the recipe calls for plain tomato sauce, I added a little bit of garlic powder and italian seasoning to it for some extra flavor (which she recommends doing).  The only thing that I might change next time is to add more veggies.  The recipe only calls for two tablespoons each of chopped mushrooms and bell peppers.  You could easily add twice that much, and it shouldn't affect the points at all since they are just veggies.  This was a good, fun breakfast recipe that I will likely make again.

1 comment: