Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring Chicken Skillet

Per Serving (1/3rd of recipe, about 1 1/3 cups): 5 Points+
202 calories, 2g fat, 414mg sodium, 8g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 36g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 50


I have actually made this recipe before, and enjoyed it so much that I decided to make it again.  It is very easy to make, doesn't use a lot of ingredients, and goes well with rice for a complete meal.  

The recipe states to cook the chicken breast fillets first, then cut them up in chunks.  I found that last time, I didn't add enough seasoning to the chicken, and when cut up later, it left some of the surface of the chicken unseasoned.  This time, I cut the chicken into chunks first, then cooked the chicken, onions, and garlic all together.  I put plenty of seasoning on all of it, and as a result I got a more flavorful dish.  I used McCormick's Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, which I found worked really well with this dish.


Once the chicken is mostly cooked, all you do is add two cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, cover, and let cook for 10 more minutes until the tomatoes burst.  The chicken comes out a little bit saucy when it's done, so it goes perfectly over some rice.  I made brown rice in my rice cooker while cooking the chicken, so when everything was done I had a nice, filling meal.  Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment