Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crazy Pineapple Salmon Teriyaki

Per Serving (entire recipe): 9 Points+
347 calories, 15.5g fat, 349mg sodium, 22g carbs, 0.75g fiber, 19g sugars, 28.5g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 154 - 155



Salmon is one of my family's favorite dishes, but unfortunately, it is fairly high in points so I no longer make it very often.  I had just picked up some beautiful looking asparagus from Costco, and I thought salmon would go perfectly with it.  I usually just season my salmon with a little garlic salt, onion powder, and italian seasoning and bake it in a foil pack to keep it moist.  But, this recipe sounded simple and good, so I figured I'd give it a try. 

I didn't have any Sweet Asian Chili Sauce, so I had to substitute by adding honey to regular Asian Chili Sauce (I looked online to figure this out).  This salmon turned out nice and moist, with the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.  It was like a spicy version of teriyaki salmon.  Delicious!  It was a little too spicy for my two-year-old, but I had made a couple of filets with my regular spices, so he was happy with that.  My husband and I both really liked this salmon, so I am happy to say that I have a new way to make salmon in the future.  If you have this cookbook, you should definitely give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment