Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Santa Fe Cheesy Chicken Stir-Fry

Per Serving (entire recipe): 6 Points+
256 calories, 2g fat, 693mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 3.25g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 38.5g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 26 - 27


I must be in the mood for Mexican Food, since I just realized I made two Mexican dishes in a row.  This one had the word "cheesy" in the title, so right away it sounded good to me. 

The recipe called for lime juice and cilantro in the stir-fry, two flavors that are great in Mexican dishes, but ones that I never think to use for some reason.  I thought it went great with this stir fry.  The lime gave it a nice tangy flavor, while the cilantro gave it the Mexican flavor that was so good. 

Although a little liquidy, I think this would be good in a tortilla with some salsa and sour cream.  I just ate mine by itself, but the whole time I was thinking it was a perfect burrito filling, especially if you make sure to drain off any excess liquid.  The tortilla and sour cream would add some points, but it would still be reasonable for how filling it was.  I ate mine with a salad and was reasonably full.  A good, satisfying dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment