Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Too E-Z Fish Taco Supreme

Per Serving (entire recipe, 1 taco): 6 Points+
258 calories, 3.25g fat, 337mg sodium, 30g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 28.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 152 - 153
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/857


The night I made these I was in the mood for a light Mexican dinner, so I figured fish tacos might be the way to go.  This recipe called for cooking the ingredients in foil, which made it really easy to make.  All you have to do is throw all the ingredients on a sheet of foil, cover and seal with more foil, and cook it in the oven for a while. 

I love fish tacos, but I wasn't really all that impressed with this recipe.  It came out a little bland, so I would suggest maybe using a little more of the taco seasoning than what is called for.  I added salsa and a little sour cream to each one, which definitely helped add some flavor to the fish tacos. 

I ended up using three small tortillas instead of one large one since I already had the small size in the fridge.  It added a point to the meal for me, but I didn't mind, since I would rather eat three small tacos than one large one.  Not a very exciting recipe, but Hungry Girl has many different versions of a fish taco, so I might try the other recipes until I find one I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment