Thursday, June 2, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wing Macaroni & Cheese

Per Serving (1/4th of recipe): 6 Points+
267 calories, 3.5g fat, 924mg sodium, 35g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 23g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 186 - 187



I was a little skeptical of this recipe, especially since the macaroni noodles were not seasoned in any way, and were just placed on the bottom layer of this casserole dish.  I thought for sure it would be dry, bland, or both.  Well, it was neither!  And this ended up being another favorite of mine and my husband's! 

This dish was perfectly seasoned with the buffalo wing sauce - it had a great flavor without being too spicy or overpowering.  There was also a good amount of the sauce - enough so the noodles were flavored plenty.  It even had a yummy, creamy topping.  So good!  The portion size was also fairly large.  It was cooked in an 8x8 inch pan, and the serving size was a whole quarter of it.  Nice!


This recipe did take some time to make, especially since you have to boil the chicken and then shred it.  But, it was definitely worth the effort.  If you like the flavor of buffalo wing sauce, and you like macaroni and cheese, then you will love this recipe. 

4 comments:

  1. How interesting! I am going to check out Hungry Girl, I am at such a road block with cooking, my husband is a strict vegetarian, my kids are all junk-a-tarians and I'm stuck somewhere in the middle and I'm over it! :) I am always looking for something new, quick and easy - I wonder if it would be possible to make this recipe but use a rotisserie (sp?) chicken from the grocery store and leave the meat on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might work - you could always mix the hot sauce, etc. in with the noodles instead of with the chicken so the flavor is still there. Then you could just add chicken to the servings you want chicken with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where's the recipe?? Can u post it please :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe is on page 186 of the Hungry Girl "300 under 300" book. She hasn't posted the recipe in any of her emails yet, so I don't have a weblink to it. Sorry! But, can I suggest getting the cookbook? It has many great recipes in it and is worth getting!

    ReplyDelete