Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Creamed Corn-Cheese Bites

Per Serving (1 "cheese bite"): 1 Point+
46 calories, 2g fat, 122mg sodium, 6g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 1g sugars, 1g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", pages 102 - 103


I was in the mood for junk food the other day, but didn't want too many calories.  I figured I should see if my Hungry Girl cookbooks had anything that looked good to me, and for some reason this appetizer stood out.  I don't know if I would necessarily call this junk food, but it wasn't exactly nutritious, either.  The recipe calls for using only half of the dough of a Pillsbury seamlesss dough package.  The cookbook refers to another recipe, Jammin' Tarts, that you can use the other half of the dough for.  I then made plans to make some of those for the other half of the dough - more junk food.  Yeah!


If you like creamed corn, then you will probably like these creamed corn bites.  They were cheesy, corny, and tasty.  They were also a little rich, so after about four of them, I couldn't really eat any more.  Probably a good thing, since that prevented me from eating too many points from something that wasn't all that filling. 

These are good as an appetizer, but they should be eaten right away.  I let a few sit around for a while, and the bottoms ended up getting a little soggy since creamed corn is fairly liquidy.  These were best after cooling down for a few minutes, but still hot enough for the cheese to be gooey and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment