Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cheesy Pizza Quesadilla

Per Serving (entire recipe): 6 Points+
252 calories, 7.25g fat, 979mg sodium, 31.5g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 18g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 264 - 265



I'm always on the hunt for recipes that my whole family will love, which includes my 2-year-old son.  He is not the easiest to please, since he doesn't like anything that is too spicy or that is too hard to chew, such as chicken breast or certain veggies.  He does like pizza, though, and since Hungry Girl has a whole chapter devoted to pizza in her "300 under 300" book, I will eventually be making all of these recipes. 

This pizza was another quick and easy recipe, especially once everything was chopped and ready to assemble.  I sauteed enough veggies to make three pizzas, and then cooked each one individually.  Another bonus - only one pan to clean!  I set the sauteed veggies aside and used the same pan to make each pizza. 

For assembly, just spread Laughing Cow cheese on a tortilla, place in a pan sprayed with cooking spray, add crushed tomatoes, then chopped low fat string cheese, veggies, chopped turkey pepperoni (only 4 slices goes a long way if you chop them up), more string cheese and fold in half.  Flip after a minute or two, cook for another minute, and voila!  Pizza!


The one thing I changed was that I added onions to my veggies.  The recipe called for just sliced mushrooms and bell pepper, but I think sauteed onions adds a little extra flavor for very little calories.  Also, the next time I make this I will use regular spaghetti sauce instead of crushed tomatoes.  The crushed tomatoes are a little too watery, and made the pizza a little too drippy.  My 2-year-old had liquid dripping down his arm while he was eating it!

Overall, this recipe was a success.  I will definitely be making it again, especially for a yummy lunch (the portion size was a little small for dinner). 

No comments:

Post a Comment