Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Eggs Bene-Chick

Per Serving (entire recipe): 5 Points+
183 calories, 8g fat, 627mg sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fiber, 3g sugars, 13g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl Recipes and Survival Strategies...", pages 26 - 27
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/742



Mmmm!  Eggs benedict!  Yet another of my favorite restaurant dishes that are now for the most part off limits.  Hungry Girl definitely managed to deliver with this recipe, though.  I would actually go so far as to say this is now one of my favorite breakfast dishes of hers. 

This recipe does a great job imitating a real eggs benedict dish, but without the insane amount of calories and fat, as usual.  The thing that makes it so good is the sauce.  It is so rich and creamy - and tastes a lot like the standard hollandaise sauce that comes on an eggs benedict dish.  I was pretty surprised that the combination of ingredients used actually tasted this good, though.  Lemon yogurt, dijonnaise, butter spread, and light mayo all combine to make a very good sauce.  Yum!

As for the egg, the recipe calls for poaching it, which I have actually never done before.  I was nervous I was going to drop the egg in the water and it was just going to become a runny mess that I would somehow have to retrieve.  I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out perfect on my first try.  I removed it from the water with no problems, and it turned out cooked perfectly on the outside and runny on the inside - just how I like it.  I sat down to enjoy my eggs benedict before anyone in my family was even awake.  I actually got to take my time savoring every bite - so good!  If you like eggs benedict, then you definitely have to make this recipe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment