Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet & Sour Chicken 1-2-3

Per Serving (1/3rd of recipe, 2 cups): 7 Points+
295 calories, 2g fat, 730mg sodium, 37g carbs, 5.25g fiber, 27g sugars, 30g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 220 - 221
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2056


I have again been in the mood for Asian food, and since I have been trying to eat more veggies, this recipe sounded good to me.  Broccoli, red bell peppers, bean sprouts, and chicken - yum!  The sauce was super-easy to make and was so delicious!  The most clever part of it was using the juice in the can of pineapple as a base for the sweet & sour sauce.  This was a great substitution for the normally fattening sweet & sour chicken you would get at a Chinese restaurant.  


The portion size was nice and large as well.  I made some rice to go with it, since I know my husband's idea of a good portion size is a little different from mine.  He enjoyed the meal, too, and even had enough left over to take some to work for his lunch.  This was a good recipe that I would make again if I was not in the mood for an ordinary stir fry.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment