Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Super-Duper Spaghetti Pie Part Deux

Per Serving (1/4th of recipe): 3 Points+
140 calories, 3g fat, 499mg sodium, 16g carbs, 5g fiber, 6g sugars, 13g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 196 - 197
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1577


This is actually my second time making this dish, and I was happy with it both times I made it.  Last time, I made it for my family and my mother-in-law who was visiting.  I made no mention of the fact that the meat in it was actually soy crumbles, and no one even noticed. This time, I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a 9 x 13 baking dish, which is why the photo is in the shape of a square instead of a pie shape.  It was again a hit, and we even had leftovers for lunch the next day.  A nice change from the usual sandwich or frozen meal I usually eat for lunch.

Given that I used regular spaghetti noodles instead of the House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles (find my explanation here), I did have to add 2 points per serving.  The whole recipe only calls for one bag of shirataki noodles, and is split into four servings.  With regular noodles, that is still only 5 points+ per serving - not too bad!

I really liked the fact that there are a ton of extra veggies added to this spaghetti pie.  This bulks it up significantly without adding very many calories.  There is even canned pumpkin in it, which you would never guess by the taste!  The serving size is a nice size, but I would still recommend adding a salad or vegetable on the side for a more complete meal.  I added a salad and it was plenty of food for me.  My husband ate two servings - but he always requires more food than me!

Everyone in my family loves this recipe, including my two-year-old, so it will probably become a regular one in my rotation.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment