Monday, August 22, 2011

Gimme Gimme S'mores Sandwich

Per Serving (entire sandwich): 4 Points+
133 calories, 2.5g fat, 99mg sodium, 26g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 11.5g sugars, 1g protein


The recipe: "200 under 200", page ? (I don't have this book, so I'm not sure what page it's on!)
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/we-all-scream-for-ice-cream-gimme-gimme-smores-sandwich-recipe

 
It seems as though I have been on a s'mores kick recently, since I was just realizing that my last recipe review was S'mores Bread Pudding.  I do have to say that this recipe was way easier to make than the bread pudding, and I even liked it much better.  This recipe was like a marshmallow-ey, chocolatey ice cream sandwich - yum!  And it is so easy to make.  Just mix mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips in with some cool whip, place in between two low-fat graham crackers and freeze for an hour.  

The main complaint is having to wait an hour to have to eat it - or maybe that's a good thing.  If I didn't have to wait an hour I might be tempted to just keep making and eating them over and over!  The best part is the use of cool whip as ice cream.  It really does taste just like rich vanilla ice cream, especially mixed with the marshmallows and chocolate chips.  The only difference is you don't have all the fat and calories that ice cream does.  


The other great thing about this recipe is that it is easy to make more than one at a time.  I made three of these so my husband could try them out, too.  We both thought they were great, but just wished they were a little less than four points+.  I don't like to use more than two or three points for dessert at the end of the day.  I saved one for the next day, and it was just as good then.  Definitely a dessert that I will keep in my normal rotation since it was so delicious and so easy to make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment