Thursday, August 4, 2011

Upside-Down Bananaberry Crumble

Per Serving (½ of recipe): 4 Points+
140 calories, 1.5g fat, 174mg sodium, 32g carbs, 3g fiber, 14g sugars, 2g protein

The recipe: "Hungry Girl Recipes and Survival Strategies...", pages 224 - 225


Although this looks like a gross pile cooked fruit, it actually tasted really good.  I had tons of bananas and strawberries, so this was the perfect dessert for me to make.  The only problem was, I made this after the kids went to bed, so I had no one to share it with.  Since my willpower has been lacking recently, I ended up eating the whole dessert.  Luckily, the whole thing was still only 8 points, so the damage wasn't all that bad. 

This dessert was cooked in a mini loaf pan, with the fruit on the bottom and the graham cracker crumbs on the top.  Removing it from the pan requires you to quickly flip it over and have it land nicely on a plate.  Since my pan is actually four mini loaves in one, it was a little difficult to do a quick, neat flip.  I'm pretty sure this is why mine came out more as a blob of fruit than a nice-looking loaf shape. 

This was a great dessert for summer.  Nice and fruity, but still rich enough to be a delicious dessert.  It reminded me of a yummy fruit cobbler.  The graham cracker crumbs made a nice crust without adding too many calories.  If I had someone to share this with, I would definitely make this again.  Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment