Thursday, August 18, 2011

Large & In Charge Neapolitan Oatmeal

Per Serving (entire recipe): 7 Points+
275 calories, 9g fat, 339mg sodium, 42.5g carbs, 7g fiber, 10g sugars, 7g protein 


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 34


I haven't made a Hungry Girl oatmeal bowl in a while, so I figured it was time to try out another one.  We had bought tons of fresh strawberries from Costco over the weekend, so this recipe was calling my name. 

The recipe starts with a simple "growing oatmeal" recipe as the base - which basically means that you double the liquid and cook the oats longer so you get a larger amount as the end result.  This one just called for oats, water, almond breeze, splenda, and a dash of salt.  All you do once the oatmeal is done is add sliced strawberries and a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips.  Simple, but good!

I still prefer some of the other growing oatmeal recipes to this one, but I would probably make this again next time we buy strawberries.  It was a nice and filling breakfast, and one with chocolate in it!  Yum!  Now I am eyeballing the apple pie growing oatmeal bowl in the same book.  To be continued... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment