Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ratatouille Frittata

Per Serving (1/4th of frittata): 3 Points+
140 calories, 4g fat, 508mg sodium, 11g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 14g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 120 - 121


Since I now have tons of eggplant left over from making the chicken ratatouille, I decided to follow the book's recommendation and make this recipe.  I still have half of an eggplant left (the smallest one at the store was HUGE!), though, so expect to see another eggplant recipe in the near future...

I made this recipe for dinner last night, but frittata is really meant for breakfast (I think).  However, eating it with the tomato sauce made it taste more like a dinner, so it doesn't really matter when you eat this.  I really liked the spices in this recipe, and I could really taste the fresh basil in it - yum!  I used my largest skillet, and the portion size was nice and big, with a quarter of the recipe being one serving.


There were lots of chunky veggies in this frittata, but no meat.  The nice thing about that was the extremely low points value of this dish.  I actually had two servings for my dinner for only seven points+ (two servings adds an extra point).  Not bad!  I definitely felt full afterwards and didn't feel the need to add a piece of  fruit to the meal to complete it.  If I had eaten only one serving, I probably would have had a piece of fruit, though.

This recipe was good, but I think I enjoyed the chicken ratatouille recipe a little better.  This is a good recipe for brunch.

1 comment: