Monday, August 29, 2011

Gimme S'more Pancakes

Per Serving (entire recipe, 2 pancakes with topping): 7 Points+
281 calories, 3.25g fat, 523mg sodium, 52g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 14.5g sugars, 13g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 76 - 77
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1455


I was looking for something different to make for breakfast this past weekend, when this recipe caught my eye.  Since I have made many of Hungry Girl's s'mores recipes, and they have all been very good, I decided to try this recipe as well. 

These pancakes had mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows right in the batter.  It seemed as though these were going to turn out great.  Instead, they were just okay.  The batter made two nice-sized pancakes, which was definitely a plus.  I just felt as though they didn't have quite enough chocolate chips in them, and the marshmallows kind of got lost in the pancakes without adding much flavor.  The little bit of chocolate sauce added on top didn't add very much to the s'mores taste of the pancakes, either.  The most flavorful part was the whipped topping, which I ended up using Cool Whip for since I was out of Reddi-wip. 

The texture of the pancakes turned out a little odd, too.  Instead of being fluffy and moist pancakes, they were a little chewy and dense.  I did use white flour instead of wheat flour, but I don't think that should have made much of a difference in the texture.  If anything, they should have been even fluffier.  Hungry Girl has several other pancake recipes that turned out much better than these, such as the Strawberry Short Stack (same web link as above), or the Sausage, Egg 'n Cheese ChickGriddle.  I would try out the others before making these.

No comments:

Post a Comment