Friday, August 12, 2011

Monte Cristo Sandwich

Per Serving (entire recipe): 6 Points+
232 calories, 7g fat, 954mg sodium, 21g carbs, 5.25g fiber, 3g sugars, 25g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 274 - 275


I remember first getting a Monte Cristo sandwich at a diner in Los Angeles when I was young.  I remember thinking how awesome it was that I could get a sandwich like that for lunch or dinner, and it was almost like a dessert since the powdered sugar made it sweet.  I have such a strong sweet tooth, that when something savory like a sandwich is mixed with something sweet, I usually like it.  I feel almost like I am cheating and getting dessert for a meal!  Yum!

This sandwich was no exception.  It, too, was delicious.  I love that Hungry Girl was able to make one of my diner favorites into a healthier alternative.  Only six points for a sandwich like this is pretty incredible - especially since the diner alternative is probably loaded with fat and calories.  Granted, this sandwich is much smaller, and doesn't come with a side of french fries, but it still brought back memories of that yummy Monte Cristo sandwich from when I was younger.  And was also just as good!  Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment