Friday, August 26, 2011

HG's Caribbean Shrimp Surprise

Per Serving (1/2 of recipe, about 2 cups): 7 Points+
292 calories, 3.25g fat, 795mg sodium, 35.5g carbs, 9.25g fiber, 12g sugars, 32g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 322 - 323


Oh my gosh!  I forgot to take a picture of my food before I ate it all up!!!  That is why the above picture looks so perfect and commercial.  Here is all that was left by the time I realized what I had done:


I did enjoy the food, though.  It was nice to make a stir fry with a flavor other than the traditional Asian stir fry I usually make.  This one had a slightly sweet and slightly spicy taste to it.  A very delicious sauce!  I made rice to go with it, and actually doubled the sauce recipe so there would be extra to pour on the rice.  My husband said there still wasn't enough sauce.  Jeez!  I'm sure the sauce is where the bulk of the points was, since the shrimp and veggies are all low points. 

With a 7-point serving, plus rice and extra sauce, I ended up going over my points values for the day.  :(  I am still struggling with adjusting to having only 29 points as opposed to 43, but I guess I just need to get over it and lose the weight already!  Luckily I have a plan in action to be able to get some exercise in and earn activity points, which I will divulge in another post.  So exciting! 

Anyway, I am digressing.  This recipe was great, but seems to need more sauce.  Be careful adding too much extra sauce, though, because you could end up adding several extra points unnecessarily.  If you eat it as is and with no rice, there should be plenty of flavor so you do not need extra sauce.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment