Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gimme S'more Sundae

Per Serving (entire sundae): 5 Points+
175 calories, 1.75g fat, 125mg sodium, 38g carbs, 2.25g fiber, 20g sugars, 4g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 223
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1057


At my last grocery trip, the Breyers Fat-free ice cream was on sale for two for $5, so I bought one of each, and promptly made this recipe.  So good!  I love chocolate, so this was perfect for me.  I don't usually think to use marshmallow cream as a topping on ice cream, but it tasted great with the graham cracker crumbs and the mini chocolate chips.  Just like smores, but in ice cream form.  Yum!  All it was missing was some Hershey's lite chocolate syrup!

I will probably try to stay away from this dessert as much as possible, however.  I just cannot trust myself to limit the portion size to what it is supposed to be, and can totally see myself making a big 'ol smores sundae that is way more points than this one is.  Plus, now that I am down to 29 points per day, five points is a lot to use for dessert.  But it was definitely tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment