Wednesday, May 25, 2011

AM Apple Scramble

Per Serving (entire scramble): 6 Points+
242 calories, 1.75g fat, 655mg sodium, 42g carbs, 6.25g fiber, 15.5g sugars, 17.5g protein


The recipe: "Hungry Girl 1-2-3", page 12 - 13
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/699



On the weekends, I LOVE to cook breakfast.  Especially since during the week I just grab something quick and rush off to work.  It is nice to make something different for a change on the weekends.  This past weekend, I made this apple/oat/bread/egg scramble.  It was pretty tasty, and I would probably make it again. 

The only thing that you have to be careful of is to not over-blend the apple mixture.  Because there is bread in the recipe, over-mixing would probably result in a gross mushy mess.  As it was, I had to cook this much longer than the 5 minutes the recipe called for to make it firm enough to eat.  I cooked it for about 10 minutes, which was how long it took to finally get brown and start clumping together.  At 5 minutes I had tasted it, and it was too mushy and dough-like for me to eat. 

Once cooked completely, this turned out really good.  It tasted kind of like a scrambled french toast with apples.  Yum!  It had the right amount of sweetness, and I liked the texture of the apple chunks with the egg/bread mixture.  My husband still said it was a little too doughy for him, but he did say the flavor was good.  If you are going to make this, just make sure you are patient and wait for it to get a nice brown color before you stop cooking it.  Otherwise, you will be eating a ball of mushy breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy, Cant wait to read more !

    Grace @ The Wannabe Former Fatgirl

    ReplyDelete