Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Noodle Skillet

Per Serving (1/2 of recipe, about 1 cup): 3 Points+
149 calories, 7g fat, 658mg sodium, 9g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 8.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 336



Mmmmm!  This dish was so creamy and flavorful!  I loved it!  My husband said I can DEFINITELY make this one again, which doesn't happen all that often, so I know it was good.  Now, I didn't make it with the House Foods Shirataki Noodles, which I have said before that I dislike very much.  I will have to dedicate a post to those awful noodles, so I can just refer to it any time I make a recipe that calls for them.  Instead, I substitute 3 oz of dry regular noodles (or a cup and a half cooked noodles) for every bag of House Foods Shirataki Noodles that a recipe calls for.  It adds about 3 - 4 points+ per serving, depending on if you use whole grain pasta or not.  But, to me, it is worth it. 

The only thing I would change about this recipe is the amount of pepper in it.  For some reason, there was so much pepper in this recipe that it was spicy.  I like the flavor of pepper, but when there is so much in a recipe that it burns my mouth, then I think that is too much.  My husband, however, LOVES pepper as a main spice, so he was in heaven with this dish.  Cheese, bacon, pepper - what could be better to him?  I told him next time I make this, I will reduce the pepper, and he can add as much as he wants to his bowl. 

Overall, a very good recipe that was quick and easy to make.  I will put this on my list of favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment