Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Major Mocha Cappuccino Oatmeal

Per Serving (entire recipe): 6 Points+
242 calories, 6.75g fat, 490mg sodium, 37g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g sugars, 7.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 35



Last night my family had one of those free-for-all dinner nights since I had had a long day and wasn't in the mood to cook.  My mom had just given me several jumbo artichokes, so I boiled one of those up, but that wasn't even close to enough food to be called dinner.  I was in the mood for cereal for some reason, but eating a giant bowl of cereal can add up to tons of calories if I'm not careful.  So, I turned to my Hungry Girl cookbooks as usual. 

I have been curious about her "growing oatmeal" recipes for a while now, so I had recently picked up some old-fashioned oats at the grocery store.  I flipped through the oatmeal recipes, and found this yummy-sounding one.  Anything that involves chocolate is something worth making in my book!  I happened to already have diet hot chocolate, instant coffee, sugar-free powdered vanilla creamer, and unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, so I figured that I was meant to make this oatmeal.  


This oatmeal turned out great!  It came out tasting almost like a chocolate rice pudding, but with oats instead of rice.  So good!  I was out of Reddi-wip, so I added two small spoonfuls of Cool Whip Light on top instead.  I felt like I was eating a chocolately, creamy, and filling dessert.  It wasn't overly sweet, though, so I was satisfied with having this breakfast for dinner - and I would definitely make this for breakfast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment