Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Breakfast Fiesta Crunchy Tacos

Per Serving (entire recipe, 2 tacos): 7 Points+
290 calories, 7.5g fat, 842mg sodium, 34g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 20g protein

The recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1984


This recipe was featured in a recent Hungry Girl email, and since I had all of the ingredients already, I decided to make them.  I've never eaten tacos for breakfast before, so it was kind of a fun novelty to eat these.  They were delicious!  A little bit more work than I like to put into a breakfast (I'm a grab-and-go girl), but if you have the time I would definitely suggest making them. 

The beans were nice and cheesy thanks to the Laughing Cow cheese wedge added to them.  The eggs had the right amount of onion and garlic added to them, but could use just a tad more of the taco seasoning in my opinion.  I decided to add salsa and sour cream (1 point+), and they were great.  The perfect amount of food for breakfast, especially if you add a piece of fruit on the side (which I did). 


These tacos would also be a good breakfast for any overnight guests, too.  There is no way they would ever guess it was low calorie food - especially since the taco shells are regular from-the-box shells.  I would definitely make these again.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment